Re: Whitworth wrenches and sockets

To: 103606.744@CompuServe.COM
Subject: Re: Whitworth wrenches and sockets
From: "Danko Roozemond" <Danko@dutcosi.ct.tudelft.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:17:08 +0100
In message <970114022231_103606.744_IHI43-3@CompuServe.COM> "James T. Dunn"
writes:
>  Hello,
>
>    I need to buy some Whitworth wrenches and sockets so can someone tell
> me who might have these at a reasonable price.

Hi there,  I encountered the same problem. Nowhere to find. well for a price...

Check out: moss (some of there tools are actually good brands. So ask for the
brand)

I bought my withworth tools from A&R sheldon. Some mailcompany in the UK, fax
them the order, give creditcardnumber and thats it. I got good service, got the
tools, exept one wich was out of stock, within a week. The other one was send
without extra shipping or handling costs. This company is not cheap but i got
good quality tools. (good looks and feel, lifetime warrenty etc)

I also have the same adresses of cheaper companies in the UK with lesser quality
tools. But dont know anything about them.

For specific companies in the USA you should ask around.
So if you are interested in the companies names, adsresses etc, you can e-mail
me direct. I dont have the info here at work but are willing to look it up.

Please feel free to reply to d.roozemond@ct.tudelft.nl
MG TD '53    (to become toy after (DIY) restauration)
FIAT 500 '69 (daily driver, small, utterly slow : 55 mph max)
MG BGT '72   (the real daily driver, but wouldn't start these days :( )