Re: 79 MGB for Sale

To: jmel@netcom.com
Subject: Re: 79 MGB for Sale
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 13:59:01 -0500 (EST)

<<  I'm sure some of
 you will disagree & will present anecdotal evidence, but the perception that
 LBCs are unreliable didn't come out of thin air.  >>
  Yes I will disagree.  ANY car is reliable to whatever extent the operator
maintains it.
  I don't mean full rebuilds every other year. Rather, routine preventive
maintenance.
  I now own two MG's, the BGT being my daily driver. And I mean that in all
it's permutations.  These are the only two cars I own, and as such are my
only means of transport. (My wife has a H***a A***rd but it don't drive it.
Life is too short to drive boring cars). My B has only stopped on the side of
the road twice since I've owned it, and both time was because I failed to do
something (once was because I failed to push the coil wire home properly!)
Prior to aquiring the B, the 74 Midget was my only transport.  I managed to
put, personally, over 215,000 miles on it so far.
  I would not hesitate to put either one on the road for a long trip with no
more than normal preperation.

  Now, I'm sure I'll be flamed for this, but here goes.
  Cars are reliable; Sometimes owners are not.

Rick Morrison