Re: Whitworth tools

To: car@texas.net
Subject: Re: Whitworth tools
From: kgstuart@juno.com (RANDELL S KEGG)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:41:52 PST
You will find an occasional Whitworth bolt/nut on an MGA. The shock
absorber oil fill bolts, SU carb float bowl bolts, SU fuel pump
attachment bolts, etc. I used to think that Whitworth was phased out of
British cars in the late fiftes or early sixties, but was amazed to find
that my 1966 Morris Traveller has MANY Whitworh bolts/nuts, including the
wheel lug nuts.

Randy Kegg
1958 MGA
1966 Morris Traveller