MGA Prices - MGTD instead.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Prices - MGTD instead.
From: "Peter G. Gilvarry" <petergg@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 08:31:35 -0800
Thanks to Barney and others that responded to my questions re MGA prices.
In my search on the net for info on prices, cars for sale I found a
restored MGTD for sale here in Hawaii.

I had done my research on MGTD prices, so it was on to an aeroplane to
the island where the car was and take a look. Beautiful car, restored
professionally in California by a previous owner. He was a collector,
John Hughes, apparently had 16 MGs. Engine since rebuilt. All numbers
match. From memory car is TD5244, so early 1951.

Car is currently being shipped to me by barge service that links the
islands, should arrive today (Wednesday) and be available for collection
when I return from Japan.

PO is getting out of MGs for financial reasons so he gave me all his
books, many on T series, MG Marque, reproduction owners handbook. Now all
I need is a workshop manual, any ideas? Should I try Moss for that?

Now I have a pair of MGs in Hawaii where the weather gets cold, well it
got down to high 50s a few nights ago, had to pull up the blanket to
sleep. I have no airconditioning, heating etc. other than a couple of
fans. My TD will accompany my 77 MGB which is my daily driver. In the
garage in Australia, my original home is a fully restored LBC, 71 Morris
Cooper S. This is a fun car, with the emphasis on fun. On a windy, hilly
piece of road it is the most fun you can have sitting down.

I will be home in 24 hours from Japan, time to get to the dock and get
the TD. I will post my thoughts.In the meantime I am praying for good
weather on Saturday, so I can take it for a run.

Regards ..... Peter Gilvarry

petergg@ibm.net