one for "the ancients" -or- more of robsons boring trip!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: one for "the ancients" -or- more of robsons boring trip!
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 22:08:42 EST
Whilst visiting the Heritage Motor centre - details of which i trotted
out a few days ago
I made a point of taking a lot of photos for my father  - an avid
afficiaonado of MGs, (and responsible for my condition of madness since i
was 4 or 5!) - especially the very fine J2 they have there.
I have very little knowledge of this model other than some late 40s pics
of Dad in his '32 complete with enlarged front brakes and "cyclops" fog
light which he assures me were the "go faster stripes" of their day
together with a bonnet strap which he never could afford! (the museum car
has the strap but not the brakes or the light - i digress.)

Coincidentally, the Jan issue of MG enthusiast has a pic of a 33 J2 sold
recently for 17,500 sterling at auction - the registration number is
TV8909 whereas my fathers was TV7157
I have a few of questions which i hope some of you may know the answers

1) was the J2 ever imported into the US?
2) does anyone know how many were built, and over what period?
3) is there a J2 club anywhere in the UK or US?
4) is there any way to find out if my fathers car is still around - i
have already written
     to the MGOC mag but they dont always print the requests - the only
data i have
     is the reg.no. TV7157 and that the car was light metallic blue in
1954 when he
     traded up to a '50 TC!

Probably a fools errand but "l'homme vieux" would get a buzz if this one
(his first!) was still around!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT