Re: one for "the ancients" -or- more of robsons boring trip!

To: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: one for "the ancients" -or- more of robsons boring trip!
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:12:29 -0500
At 10:08 PM 1/15/97 EST, MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:

>1) was the J2 ever imported into the US?
>2) does anyone know how many were built, and over what period?
>3) is there a J2 club anywhere in the UK or US?
>4) is there any way to find out if my fathers car is still around - i
>have already written
>     to the MGOC mag but they dont always print the requests - the only
>data i have
>     is the reg.no. TV7157 and that the car was light metallic blue in
>1954 when he
>     traded up to a '50 TC!
>
>Probably a fools errand but "l'homme vieux" would get a buzz if this one
>(his first!) was still around!
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster

Mike, the J2 was imported into the U.S. in the sense that a few came in
,usually privately. It wasn't until 1947 the MGs (TCs) were brought in by
arrangement with the factory in real numbers.

Please rent the" Gay Divorcee" with Astaire and Rogers, for the great scene
of Fred Astaire chasing Ginger in a J2. The film was shot in Hollywood, in
the 1930's. Great film on its own.

Check with the MMM Register in both the U.K. and U.S. Their addresses are
on the list on the MG home page. They might find your fathers car if it is
registered.

Mike Leckstein