Re: Metrinch tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Metrinch tools
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 16 Jan 1997 08:45:18 -0600
In <32DDB458.65D6@ix.netcom.com>, Jason F. Dutt wrote:
>I recently saw part of an infomercial for Metrinch tools.  They have
>some funky design that allows them (supposedly) to apply torque to the
>sides of a nut rather that the corners.  Interesting idea, but...has
>anyone had any experience with these?

I have a set of similar tools, but not by Metrinch.  They work fairly
well on SAE (American) and metric hardware.  ***They do NOT work well
on Whitworth (BSF) hardware.***  The sizes are not quite right, and
they can end up destroying the nut or bolt head when they slip.

        A. B. "Experience is what you get when you don't get
                        what you want" Bonds