Help needed...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help needed...
From: "Paul M. Schwerdt" <ps@ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:37:56 -0800 (PST)
I recently posted a note on here about rebuilding my distributor.
Everyone was very helpful, and I thought my car was finally fixed.  But it
still doesn't run.  I am pretty sure it is because the timing is really
messed up.  (I took the clamp off, when I removed the distributor)  The
reason why I think it is the timing is for the following reasons, the
battery is new, and fully charged, I just replaced the coil, plugs, leads,
cap, rotor, condenser, and points.  The car will turn over when the
ignition is turned, but it never fires.  (I think this is the right
description...)

Is there anything that I am missing?  Or is the timing so messed up that
the car won't fire?

Plus, I went to try timing it today, and I was at a loss when trying to
find the timing marks.  Plus, I don't know how to turn the crankshaft in
order to align the missing marks.

Please help, I am a beginner, so I might be missing something totally
obvious.

thanks...

-= PAUL =-