Rust on my head! HELP!

To: MG Freaks <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust on my head! HELP!
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@seven.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: 17 Jan 1997 13:29:26 -0500
Greetings.

Just before winter, I got my head back from the machine shop (for my
1275 Midget) and put it in my garage.  Moron that I am, I did not oil
it, treat it, seal it or anything.  I just put it on a shelf.

Now, it's all rusty on the mating surface (where it mates to the
block).  I have oiled it now to keep this from getting any worse.  The
other surfaces were painted by the shop.  What should I do now?

Do I have to take it back to the shop and have them machine that face
again?  What will this cost me?  Are there any other options?  Should
I worry about rust that might be inside the ports or elsewhere?
Should I prime the inside of the ports?

Thanks in advance.  I can't wait to get her back on the road.
--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>
<URL:http://pobox.com/~mliggett/>                 Bloomington, IN, USA