Re: Rust on my head! HELP!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rust on my head! HELP!
From: Eddie.Sheffield@telos.com (Eddie Sheffield)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:36:01 -0500
Assuming it's just a very light "dusting" of surface rust, you might
try some emery cloth or extremely (000 or better) steel wool on it.
Just be very careful and use minimal pressure and you should be fine.
I've used this even on cranks and cams (although they were from an old
beat-up tractor, not a car) but it seems to have worked fine.

If the rust is heavy and doesn't come off easily, though, I think I'd
seek "professional help."

Others PLEASE correct if this is a terrible idea! I have a feeling I'll
be facing the same problem when I finally get back to where I can work
on my Midget!

Eddie

'67 Midget (in pieces)