Re: Nardi steering wheel

To: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Subject: Re: Nardi steering wheel
From: Shel Bercovich <sbercovi@cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 22:16:04 -0700
Eric,

Nardi (and the "Personal" line of steering wheels) is sold in the U.S.
and Canada through the distributor,

        BBS of America
        5320 BBS Drive,
        Braselton, GA  30517

        Phone: 404-967-9817, 1-800-826-2734; Fax: 404-967-9866

 or you can check the ads in "european car" and other go-faster mags.

Their catalogue lists the Competition 330 mm (33 cm, 13") wheel at US
$260.00 with wood or black leather rim and satin or black spoke finish.
They are excellent quality and usually very expensive - other wheels are
in the US $250 - $400 range. The hub alone will cost about $50 - $75. Be
aware that a 13" wheel will give you _very_ quick steering on the road,
but you'll wish you had more than "Armstrong" steering when trying to
parallel park! A 14" (350 mm) wheel is optimal for a B.

Hubs are available for most cars. All that's required is to remove your
old wheel, screw the new hub and wheel together, place the hub on the
steering column then replace the nut. The socket for a B is 13/16" if I
remember correctly. Usually a good idea to have a long handled "swing
handle" socket driver.

Eric Houkal wrote:

>  I have a chance to buy a Nardi "Competition 33" steering wheel for what
>seems a very attractive price. Two problems- I have never seen one, and it
>does not have any hubs/adaptors etc.
>  Are these good wheels? I seem to recall them being touted as  very high
>quality, but this may have been advertising.
>  Where can I obtain the needed parts to actually screw this thing into my 72
>B? About how much can I figure the parts will cost?
> Thanks, Eric

Shel Bercovich  sbercovi@cadvision.com      trcr@canuck.com     /\
Join the Trail Riders of the Canadian Rockies (Non-Profit)     /  \
    See our WEB pages at: http://www.canuck.com/~trcr         / /\ \
                   Or at: http://www.cadvision.com/trcr      / /  \ \
        "Come Ride with Us in Banff National Park"