Re: Won't start?

To: MICHAEL J ROBSON <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Won't start?
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 16:46:50 -0500
MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:

> "classic" plates are available in most states i believe, I dont have any
> (yet) so im not sure of the form but here in CT you can get them for any
> car over 25 They are a picture plate (something like a 1910 bugatti) and
> have only numbers, no letters - I am told that cars over 25 are exempt
> from registration fees - but the tax goes up!! so all in all its a vanity
> job!!
>
> Will send the details to the list once i get through the experience!!
> (knowing the CT dmv, probably about june!)
>
> Its sunny - time for another try at the 72!!
>
> regards
>
> mike

Mike:
Just for the record, I went through the CT process in August to get th C
registered.  There is no longer any DMV reason to get a special plate
for your classic car, but they do offer it to you (no extra charge).

I foolishly thought they would be neat, so I took a set.  They do have
only numbers (five digits), as you said, BUT they are called Early
American plates and  they have the letters E A on them and some Model-T
like thing...a rather unpleasant surprise when I opened the envelope.
The C doesn't seem to care much, but it still disturbs me.

Anyway, if you register a LBC in CT just get the ordinary plates.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS