RE: Classic plates, insurance & claims

To: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Subject: RE: Classic plates, insurance & claims
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:19:07 -0800
You wrote:

>Friends:
>
>Now that Barney's opened the insurance can again, I'll throw in my
>tuppence worth for your general information.

Barney would be wise in not mentioning his mileage numbers to loudly.

>After 19 years with Nationwide insurance, with the same bloody agent,
>the company cancelled my policy, without notice, by the simple
expedient
>of returning my premium cheque.

I have my primary insurance with nationwide and that's for my wifes
minivan, my ford van and the 66 B, but the B is down as leisure use. My
75 B is with JC Taylor as it is not a daily driver

>So much for Nationwide.  Apparently, had I listed the 63 Ford as my
>primary car, this wouldn't have happened.

63 Ford ? My first four cars were 63 Galaxies, one was a convertable.
It flew! 390, four barrel I would not want to insure one of these, if I
were an insurance company. My 5th car was a 63 Monterey F55 two door,
breezeway rear power window,  (I'm off on a tangent here) followed by
68 Cougar.

Insurance: (I'm back). I like JC tayor over the other classic insurance
companies, for the following: Self apprasial if under $20,000 (you
supply photos from rear showing one side and front showing the other
with your application), Higher mileage allowance,but they DO NOT want
to hear anything over 4,000. They do require you have another car
registered as primary driver, you must be 25 years of age or older, the
car must be 20 years of age or older and car must be garaged in
lockable shelter when not in use. They do not accept "modified" ie: V8
conversions.

Hey! did I offend anybody? I don't think so. Safety Fast, David Deutsch