Re: MGA coupe revisited, how much is this worth?

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA coupe revisited, how much is this worth?
From: Joe Peck <peck@digex.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:51:44 -0500
> I think you would be nuts for those prices, if you could swing it, looks
> kinda like a little jag huh?    Get it Joe you most likely won't get the opp
> again.
>
> Chet

Hi Chet,

I was afraid that's what folks would tell me.  I'm trying to figure out
how
I'm going to keep four cars, but I guess others on this list do it so I
should be able to as well.  Problem is that I currently rent and will
probably be changing jobs and moving in next two months.  Looking for a
job in SF Bay Area (expensive to rent housing), Austin, TX (I could
afford
to rent or even buy a place), and the DC area (want to leave, I'm tired
of it :-)  but everything is up in the air, I've only just got my resume
out to a couple of places.  And I'm still in the middle of an engine
rebuild on one of my two MGB's.

Enough whining.  If it's a deal then I'm going to jump on it.  I agree
that I most likely won't get the opportunity at a car like this again.
was just wanting others to confirm that.  If the group says I'd be a
fool
to pass this up then I'd have to go along with consensus (come on folks,
make my decision easy for me :-)  please, please, please, I want it!!!
:-)

The guy who's interested has four MGAs and is offering the woman $1,000
but
is willing to match other offers.  I can easily afford $1,500, probably
$2,000.  What price do you think market rate is for something like
this?  If
I can wait and just find one later I'd rather do that, but I don't want
to miss the opportunity if I'm not likely to find one like this again.

Also, does anyone know how much (quality) auto transport costs to move
it,
say from DC to Austin?  I say quality, cause the company that moved my
Bs from
California to DC screwed up - damaged the tailpipe/muffler on one,
shredded
a tire, and one B had a missing gas cap and empty gas tank.

Thanks again,
Joe