Re: MGA coupe revisited, how much is this worth?

To: peck@digex.net
Subject: Re: MGA coupe revisited, how much is this worth?
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:30:32 EST
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:13:16 -0500 (EST) Joe Peck <peck@digex.net>
writes:

>Hello fellow listers, (and a warm welcome back to Dan Hughes!)
>
>I spent an hour or two Saturday looking at an MGA coupe for sale,
>the one I mentioned on the list last week.  I'm somewhat interested
>in the vehicle myself but will pass it on to other listers if I
>decide (this week) not to pursue it.  The owner has an interested
>buyer and wants to sell by the end of the month.  Car is in
>Washington,
>D.C.
>
>If anyone could help me judge the value of the car based on the
>description below I'd appreciate it.

Joe
Im not an "A" expert by any means but a friend of mine paid 2000 for a
hulk last year, without a head, needing several body panels, a respray
and full trimming out - he was delighted to get it so cheap!!!!! - if i
saw a B in this kind of shape the money would be on the table like that -
and Im a commodity trader so i know full well what job insecurity feels
like!! hehe
I defer to the real A buffs on the list as to its real value but my guess
is that if you dont buy it "Barney and the fifties gang" will mug you for
the address!

good luck

mike robson
69 roadster - yours for a mere 6000 unpainted
70 BGT -  7000 but id have to walk or use the jeep
72 roadster - worth 4500ish i guess on the market, about 50000 to me!
93 grand cherokee - 15000 but dont tell the wife
96 grand cherokee - leased but then.............................hehe
disclaimer:- I wouldnt sell any of them until starving and destitute -
about May I reckon!!!