Re: MGB Tire Pressures

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGB Tire Pressures
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:28:58 EST
On Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:52:54 EST thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J
Pokrefke) writes:
>I posted this question a few months back, but never got any replies.
>I guess I will try again.  What tire pressure is best?  I run 36
>front/34 rear.  Any comments/caveats/suggestions?

Thomas....

Assuming you are running radial tires and stock shocks and sway bar, our
(dare I say vast) experience suggests that 26lbs front and 28lbs rear is
the ideal combination. If you do a lot of high speed touring, increasing
both ends by 4lbs. will reduce tire heat build-up and prolong tire life.
Only if you have fitted a rear sway bar should the rear pressures be the
same as the front. You should never put more pressure in the fronts than
the rears! This makes the car oversteer.

Lawrie
British Sports Cars