Re: yellow leather?

To: len drake <drake@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: yellow leather?
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 21:55:42 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, len drake wrote:

> Hi - I recently got my MGC GT back from the paint shop with
> its new primrose paint.  Everything looked great, until we
> started re-assembly of all the bits that had been removed
> prior to painting.  The door seals were removed for the
> painting of the door jams and when the exterior of the
> car was done, a fair amount of yellow paint has ended up
> on the black leather seats.  Could someone suggest what
> should be used to remove the paint without harming the
> leather.  All help gratefully accepted.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Len Drake

You have primrose paint on black leather seats, and can still say
"cheers?"  What a guy.  I suspect you will have to recolor the seats to
cover the yellow.  I can't imagine how you might remove it without also
removing a fair amount of the dye from the leather.  That's the bad news;
the good news is it should look very nice when done.

Of course, if you are likely to have to recolor them anyway, you've
little to lose from trying to remove the paint.  I would suggest getting
a scrap from under the seats or somewhere, and trying any potential
remover there before trying it where it shows.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910