Re: yellow leather?

To: drake@direct.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: yellow leather?
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 01:21:39 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-21 19:14:51 EST, drake@direct.ca (len drake) writes:

<< Hi - I recently got my MGC GT back from the paint shop with
 its new primrose paint.  Everything looked great, until we
 started re-assembly of all the bits that had been removed
 prior to painting.  The door seals were removed for the
 painting of the door jams and when the exterior of the
 car was done, a fair amount of yellow paint has ended up
 on the black leather seats.  >>

Len,

Let's see how lucky you are. Get some SEM Leather Prep which is used to
prepare the seats for redying. If the yellow comes off, treat them lightly
with mink oil to relace the oils you'll remove. If they don't look good after
using the Prep, go the next step with some SEM spray black spray dye. You may
want to do this anyway. It will make the seats look really fresh. Then hit
them with the mink oil (as mentioned above) to replace the oils you removed.
These are professional products that you can get a a good paint and trim
shop.

Have plenty of ventilation, do this outside or with an open garage door when
you use these products or you'll be back in the 60's for a couple of hours.
The labels speak of nervous system and brain damage with prolonged exposure.
Someone on the list will probably suggest wearing a respirator too although,
the labels didn't go that far. Someone in California will have you arrested,
your cars confisticated and crushed and you children made wards of the State
(sorry, couldn't help myself). Oh well, they were going to confiscate and
crush your cars out there anyway.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget