Re: Taylor tel. #

To: zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU
Subject: Re: Taylor tel. #
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:02:44 EST
On Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:29:50 -0500 (EST) William Zehring
<zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU> writes:

> .....  Can someone post to me directly a telephone number for them so I
can get the ball rolling?

1-800-345-8290  (J. C. Taylor, Inc.)

And, well Will, it's like this.  I only deal with my local independent
insurance agent.  My insurance I.D. card is the only place I could find
this phone number.  On my insurance policy is written:

The Zurich Insurance Group
     Policy Issued By
Maryland Casualty Company
(A member of the worldwide Zurich Insurance Group)

Agency Name and Address:
  J. C. Taylor, Inc
  320 South 69th Street
  Upper Darby, PA 19082

So, my local independent insurance agent places my business with Taylor,
who in turn passes it off to Zurich, who in turn passes it off to their
associate company Maryland, who in the end actually covers my car.  The
one time when I filed a claim, my local agent processed the paper work,
Taylor sent out an independent contractor type adjuster, and the check
came from Maryland Casualty Company (as I recall).

It may well be that Taylor insurance can come from several different
carriers, and that Taylor is effectively comparisons shopping for the
best deal.  I couldn't say if there might be any advantage in dealing
direct with Taylor, only that my local independent agent is very
convenient and easy to deal with.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA