Re: discoloration of rubber bumpers

To: Bob Dallas <bobd@npsinc.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: discoloration of rubber bumpers
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 19:22:20 GMT

> There was a thread sometime past about restoring the bumpers that had =
been
> discolored by the sun's rays. Would someone please send me the instruct=
ions
> for this process?  Thanks in advance.
> Bob Dallas - Houston, Texas
> '69 MG-GT, '51 TD

Haven't got the text but I've got the bumpers, tried it and it worked wel=
l.

Spray on Armorall and spread it out with a non-absorbant object so it's =
lying
on the surface - I used a Mark I digit - and leave it to dry in the sun. =
 Do it
again.  Do it again.  Then polish up with a clean duster.  Stays that way=
 for
several weeks, even when exposed to the sun.  Monthly applications of one=
 coat
restore it to full brilliance.  One word of warning, don't brush up again=
st it
in any light cloths.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)