Re: Canada - Knockoffs, Brochures, Weather

To: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Subject: Re: Canada - Knockoffs, Brochures, Weather
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 06:13:40 -0800
What the Halifax is Terry rambling on about now? I have a book around
here that tells about certain food and drug interaction effects. Let me
know what your taking and I'll tell you if uncontrolled keyboard
manibulation is a side effect. Oh yeah, and if it is I'll be needing
some for an excuse myself. Anything that can make someone type "la de
dah dah" I'll try just a little of.

I think Terry means that the Altama looks very much like the Maxima,
not Magnette. I understood I mean they both start with "Ma". Cut the
"mgguy" some slack he just got out of surgery.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch :) :) :) ;)

You wrote:

>Sometime recently you wrote:
>
>>Isn't it possible that knockoffs were still an 'option' in Canada?
This
>>might be difficult to prove unless someone had an original invoice of
a car
>>sold thusly in Canada, but worth a shot?
>

>Now JUST a moment, Mr. Michael, New Bern, NC-under-the-psuedonom "The
>Richards", (many of these, OK ???  :-) ;-)...
>
>Eared knock-offs in Canada were last on the '68 model year, when you
got
>wires on a B (an option not as many cars in Canada seemed to have had
post
>'70 as per our American brothers and sisters)you got the octagonal
nuts, and
>the nifty wrench. If someone bought a new B post '69 and it had
knock-offs,
>it was a gift from the dealer.
>
>Oh yeah, back on January 10th, to my comment about Magnettes, you
wrote:

>>>Actually, my daily car is a Nissan Altima. It reminds me very much
of the
>>>size and shape of the Magnette.
>
>>I want some of what Terry's drinking! :>
>
>>Michael, New Bern, NC
>
>And now this weather comment?
>
>> Oh, yeah, could you Canadians do something about your artic air
masses?
>>Very unruly, you know. We don't generally let our hurricanes go up
there and
>>muck about.
>>
>>Michael, New Bern, NC
>
>FYI - this past summer, each of those alphabetically alternating
>gender-named weather disturbances that stopped by NC, also took the
time to
>make deposits along the eastern shore of Canada's Maritime provinces.
So lah