Canada - Knockoffs, Brochures, Weather

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Canada - Knockoffs, Brochures, Weather
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 23:30:57 -0400 (AST)
Sometime recently you wrote:

>Isn't it possible that knockoffs were still an 'option' in Canada? This
>might be difficult to prove unless someone had an original invoice of a car
>sold thusly in Canada, but worth a shot?

Now JUST a moment, Mr. Michael, New Bern, NC-under-the-psuedonom "The
Richards", (many of these, OK ???  :-) ;-)...

Eared knock-offs in Canada were last on the '68 model year, when you got
wires on a B (an option not as many cars in Canada seemed to have had post
'70 as per our American brothers and sisters)you got the octagonal nuts, and
the nifty wrench. If someone bought a new B post '69 and it had knock-offs,
it was a gift from the dealer.

Oh yeah, back on January 10th, to my comment about Magnettes, you wrote:

>>Actually, my daily car is a Nissan Altima. It reminds me very much of the
>>size and shape of the Magnette.

>I want some of what Terry's drinking! :>

>Michael, New Bern, NC

And now this weather comment?

> Oh, yeah, could you Canadians do something about your artic air masses?
>Very unruly, you know. We don't generally let our hurricanes go up there and
>muck about.
>
>Michael, New Bern, NC

FYI - this past summer, each of those alphabetically alternating
gender-named weather disturbances that stopped by NC, also took the time to
make deposits along the eastern shore of Canada's Maritime provinces. So lah
dee dah dah!

('member now, there's many of these :-)  )

Back to my Altima comment for a moment - drink had not nor does not impare
my view that the 3/4 rear view of the Altima is very reminiscient of the
those lovely, volupturous lines the ZA/ZB had coming off the roof, down the
c-pillar and into the gently rounded rear fender....(is it getting warm in
here?)

I'm presently whiling away the days on the mend from some minor surgury, and
this list is one of the best medicines....and, lord knows, there've been a
few...

(Which still isn't affecting my view of the Altima/Magnette comparison!) :-)

Terry Williams
Halifax, Nova Scotia
'70 BGT
'68 roadster (with eared kock-offs)