Re: A Little Humor (No LBC coNTENT)........

To: jroverca@tiac.net
Subject: Re: A Little Humor (No LBC coNTENT)........
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:09:24 EST
I read this, and came to the conclusion that Englishmen are Yankees
too!!!
On Sun, 26 Jan 1997 14:59:30 -0500 (EST) Ross Overcash
<jroverca@tiac.net> writes:

>Hope no one minds to much.............
>

>> You might be a Yankee if....
>>
>>  1)  You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
yes it is but only strictly between may 21st and september 1st - at any
other time would be gauche!

>>  2)  You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY!
it is - we have to water it down or else it burns too much

>>  3)  You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce"
>correctly.
Does anybody??

>>  4)  For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits.
Why would anyone eat sand?

>>  5)  You don't know what a moon pie is.
I DO I DO!! - its one you accidentally sit on!!!

>>  6)  You've never had grain alcohol.
we have it all the time when the mouton de rothschild 45 runs out!

>>  7)  You've never, ever, eaten Okra.
Ive seen her tv programme but ive never even MET the lady!

>>  8)  You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
and pizza too!!

>>  9)  You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen
>are on road trips.
The live ones are the ones that ARENT yellow - right? cows are another
matter.....

>>  10) You have no idea what a polecat is.
its a sort of "tickle me elmo" doobry

>>  11) Whenever someone tells an off-color joke about farm animals, it
>goes over your head.
What does???

>>  12) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a
>poodle.
no but only if his bootees are co-ordinated

>>  13) You don't have bangs.
Well, bit personal this - not perhaps as often as one might like however
one does have ones moments.

>>  14) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.
what state is that?

>>  15) More than two generations of your family have been kicked out
>of the same prep school in  Connecticut
Oh No! - they were misunderstood!!

>>   17) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you
>call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.
More likely "chaps and chappetinos"

>>  18) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent.
He does - an american one.................

>>  19) You have never planned your summer vacation around a
>gun-and-knife show.
You dont know my kids!!

>>  21) You don't have at least one can of WD-40 somewhere around the
>house.
C'mon c'mon what list do you think this is- yankee or not we buy it by
the case at Costco!!!

oops - OUR patriots hitting the field
more later

mike robson