Re: Adding a fuel pump diode

To: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Adding a fuel pump diode
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 12:42:32 -0500 (EST)

> time I'd ever seen the inside of an S.U. fuel pump!).  Has anybody been
> here before?  Can anybody take my hand and walk me through this?

  Vicky Brit sells a complete fuel pump rebuild kit that comes with a diode
and rebuilding instructions for about $40.

> Also, the end cap seal was taped over with blue electrical tape with the
> S.U. graphic and the words "Refer to instruction manual before
> disassembling".  Obviously, you must remove this tape to open the pump;
> is replacement tape available anywhere, or should I use electrician's
> tape?

  I have seen replacement tape for this somewhere but I don't remember
where.  Some help that is, huh?

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit