Re: end of the road

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: end of the road
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:23:56 -0800
.You said:

> Yet, there is another problem awaiting us in the not too distant future. Think
> what happens say 20 or 30 years from now, when all new autos use renewable
> energy fuels? Be it battery, solar, or hydrogen powered fuel cells, I can
> forsee the end of production for the gasoline powered motor car. This
> brings with it severly decreased production of petrol, extreme increases in
> price, and with it the end of the gas station as we know it.
>
> You think emmisions controls and fuel are a problem today? Just wait until you
> have to get a permit and custom order gasoline to enjoy a blast down the lane.
> I know it's been done, but a British Sports car just won't be the same if you
> have to convert to electic power. And you can't stockpile petrol either,

Unfortunately I'm afraid you are right the Feds will cripple our hobby
and may I add our freedom,there still could be a glimmer of hope IF
enough of us vote and demand our elected officials don't pass such
draconian laws but since most people are a bunch of sheep It will
probably come to pass BUT they will not be able to take our memories
from us so go out and pile up LBC memories!! Maybe someone will start a
old folks MG home where we can all sit around reminiscing about the good
old days ....Maybe we'll even have a MG we can sit in ...We'll have
grease spots on the floor!...and the building will have Lucas
lighting!...and the roof will leak...and the foundation will rust....I
can't wait!!.....Pat