re: end of the road

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: end of the road
From: tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM (Tom Wagner - Program Manager)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09:55:22 -0600
Jack/David and All:

> I think it is sad that most young folks will never have the fun of fooling
> around with an old sportscar.  You can't put a price on the value of
> learning to solve real problems with just your wits and a few tools.

I have to agree with what you are saying, in my case
I have a 14 year old who does not want anything to
do with my car(67 B), until I drove him to school one
day and all of sudden his dad has a REAL COOL CAR.

Now with him starting to drive, and me in the process of
aquiring a 71 TR6(For restoration) he has taken an interest
in LBC's.  On the other hand I have a 9 year old who is
always in the garage doing body work(sanding) the car with me.

He wants to learn as much as possible about this car, with the
hope that one day he will get this car.  If this is not a shock
to everyone, I will be more than glad to let me youngest have the
car, as opposed to my oldest, only because the 14 year old has
no inclination to work on it or have anything to do with it.

By the time my youngest is old enough to drive the car, he will know
as much about the workings of it and what can go wrong as I will.

Another good example is Kai, who is trying to keep the young people
in US involved on these cars.

I know this is long, but I wanted to add my $.002 worth and some of
my own experiences.

Thanks

Tom Wagner
67 MGB