Re: thanks from newbie

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: thanks from newbie
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:51:34 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

> >I received 97 responses on first message..  one even said I was a real dummy
>  for taking a car after it had been sitting in a field for 6 years..  I
>  couldn't agree more.. and my wife reminds me of that almost weekly..
> <anyhow, my next question..
>
>  How unkind!  It is very gauche to accuse the insane of stupidity.

The chair of the Biochemistry Dept. and I were having lunch with our
previous dean.  The dean learned that the Biochem. chair and I became
friends because of a common interest in restoring and driving old british
sports cars.  He looked very thoughtful, then said, "I suppose it is a
harmless form of insanity." (I don't know if he should talk; he breeds oak
trees.)

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910