RE: No Thermostat?!?!?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: No Thermostat?!?!?
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:17:00 -0800 (PST)
Yes, running without a thermostat causes uneven cooling, cold and hot spots.
If you must remove the thermostat, install a blanking sleeve which will
restrict flow and allow more even cooling. Available from Seven Enterprises
800-992-7007. You can also install a lower temperature thermostat for
summer. If you're overheating while sitting still make sure that you have
all of the shrouding installed around the radiator and that both of your
fans are working. Check that they are both pushing air through the radiator.
If your still having problems make sure that your timing is set correctly.
Too advanced will increase combustion chamber temps and too retarded will
increase the engine compartment temp making it harder to cool the engine.
Failing all that, or if you overheat while driving, check that your radiator
is not restricted. Carefully feel for cool spots on the radiator when it
should all be uniformly hot.

Chris Reichle