Re: Finishing questions

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Finishing questions
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:44:01 -0600
Thanks to all who responded to my heat shield/hydraulic line "finishing"
questions.

The general consensus on the heat shield was to bead blast then clear
coat it, sounds reasonable.

Regarding the hydraulic lines, I've decided to do "the right thing" and
replace them all. In the back of my mind I figured that was the right
way to do it, I just dreaded having to do all those bends, having no
experience bending hydraulic lines. However, I have a friend in the auto
repair business who offered the use of a bender and his experience, so
that's what I'll do. For others contemplating the same, the general
consensus is that given the lines are 20+ years old and probably getting
weaker, bead blasting them may contribute to further reduction in wall
strength. Sounds reasonable to me, just hadn't considered it.

Thanks for the insight,

                Jeff