No one said it would be easy owning...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No one said it would be easy owning...
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:31:58 -0800
an MGC (or any LBC). Since I never got around to thanking everybody for
there comments and suggestions I thought I would bring everybody up to date
on the story. Last Monday I sent the master cylinder to White Post for a
complete rebuild, I was totally amazed to find it on the door step when I
got home on Friday. No time to play with it then, had one of those pesky
date things, it was fun (no not that much fun). When I started to
reassemble the peddle box I found that I had to replace one of the lines to
the bulk head. Finally got to the point were I could start bleeding the
brakes, rear brakes were no problem, started on the front and was starting
to get some nice peddle pressure and then all of a sudden it went away.
Shortly after that I started to get "foam" out of the bleeding nipple. I
pulled the vacumn line on the front servo and got atleast a cup of brake
fluid out of it, the rear one only an ounce or so. It was time to walk away
from that mess.....

Sunday I came up with a easy way to bypass those f*&#ing boosters. Monday I
got a couple of the brake line couplers that are used in the long section
going to the back of B. I used these to connect the lines to & from the
boosters so I didn't have to do any real creative bending. Then I found
that the line I made didn't seal up correctly, so I need to pull the peddle
box one more time, and pray I get it right this time.

Lane