Re: minilite sizes MGC/GT

To: MG4EVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: minilite sizes MGC/GT
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:20:11 +0000
MG4EVR@aol.com wrote:

> Fellow listers,
>
> I have finally saved enough $ to buy new hubs and whhels for my 69 CGT. I
> really like the looks of minilites.  British Wire Wheel has 15"x6" only.
>  Does anyone out there run 6" wide wheels on their C? If so can it be done
> without major surgery?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave MG4EVR Stovall

I am. And am running 195HR65-15 tires.

No problems up front. But the wheels are running spacers that push the
wheel out 3/4 of an inch.

In back, the tires will rub on the outside where the top and sidewall of
the tire meet.

Both front and rear are flared at the fender lip.

The wheels are an old Western Wheel brand. From looking at the setup,
(all from the PO) I could use 1 inch less offset -- that is, specifcally
in the rear, if the wheel rims were 1 inch in towards the chassis, I
would have much better clearence.

It looks to me that 6 inches would fit without fender flares given the
proper offset. It ain't a perfect world. I have no way to advise you on
the proper offsets for your new mini-lites. However, I would love to
know if you're happy with the setup when you're done.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT

Car at http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/mymg.html

--
*** STANDARD DISCLAIMER
*** Please assume all lines end with smiley face emoticon :-)