Re: minilite sizes MGC/GT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: minilite sizes MGC/GT
From: Paul Murch <murch@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:40:11 -0700
Dave,

I was looking at minilites for my B a few months back and I contacted
some places in england about sending them directly.  The cost was
considerably less than what the supliers in the US want even with
shipping (surface, 1-2 months).  Here is one of the e-mails that I
got:

>From: Peter Whittaker <hg09@dial.pipex.com>
>Subject: MGB
>Date: Mon, 02 Sep 96 15:17:42 GMT

>To Paul Murch PJS
>Thankyou for your email of 23rd August
>Minilite aluminium wheels are available on 2 weeks delivery at  PDS
>Sterling  84.80 each. Size is 14 x 6.
>Please advise if size is suitable and we will confirm shipping and
>insurance costs.
>Kind Regards.
>John Buck.

With an exchange rate of $1.60/pound that is $136/wheel the price is
pretty good (Moss wants $270 each).  The usual disclamers apply: I
have no personal interest.

I have a question of my own:  Does anyone know anything about
inspection and emmision laws in Ohio (my future home)?

Paul Murch
66 B

You Sent:

Fellow listers,

I have finally saved enough $ to buy new hubs and whhels for my 69
CGT. I
really like the looks of minilites.  British Wire Wheel has 15"x6"
only.
 Does anyone out there run 6" wide wheels on their C? If so can it be
done
without major surgery?

Thanks,

Dave MG4EVR Stovall