Re: Air quality - was Re: What year is the car?

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: Air quality - was Re: What year is the car?
From: Len Bugel <bugel@bianca.sms.k12.vt.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:12:44 -0600 (CST)

> >Incidentally, where are you on the electric car issue? My first question
>  is who will buy a car that will need at least two days (or more) to make
>  a round trip from San Diego to LA due to battery charging? Answer,
> <wealthy retired liberals!

        Actually, if you look at the number of households that own two or
more cars, one of which is only driven to and from work, the EV may make
some sense. Of course to call them 'zero emission vehicles' is ludicrous -
the emissions are simply moved from the tailpipe to the powerplant - but
if the tailpipe is downtown and the powerplant out in the boonies, they
still may make sense. BTW, I am neither wealthy nor retired, and I am not
sure what 'liberal' means anymore.

        Len Bugel
        '51 TD
        '57 MGA