Re: air compressor lines

To: John Steunenberg <steuny@nornet.on.ca>
Subject: Re: air compressor lines
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 07:45:58 -0600
John Steunenberg wrote:

>  Dear List:
>

>      Just bought a 7.5 hp Gardner Denver air compressor and i am getting
> ready to hook to up what type of lines should I use.  I have heard some talk
> about pvc lines or metal pipe does anyone know anything about this setup who
> could give the basic of the advantages and problems any help would be
> appreciated
>
>  Thanks in Advance
>
>   Dan Steunenberg
>   67 MGB

Dan -
        IMHO, you shouldn't use PVC - it's not designed for the pressures you
will be getting - especially from a large compressor like you have.  Use
iron or copper - make sure it is large enough in size to handle the
volume you want.  There was a discussion about this on the SOL tech
pages at: http://www.team.net/www/shop-talk/

--
Keep on keepin' on!

Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net