Heaters for T-Series MGs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heaters for T-Series MGs
From: Ed & Kris Curtis <curtis@hayburn.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:39:50 -0500
I have followed with interest the tread on electric heaters for MGs.  I
have recently aquired a heater that was made in the USA for installation
in T-series cars.  It was made by Arnold and was available concurrently
with the TD and TF.

I have very little information about these heaters and would like to
learn more about them.  What little I have been able to find out is that
they were built by a man in Chicago who owned an appliance manufacturing
firm who liked MGs so much that he had to get a dealership.  He offered
these heaters as a dealer option.

Questions:  How were they mounted inside the car?  The one I have came
with an adapter to take fluid off the back plate of the engine.  Is this
useful?  How good were the heaters at warminf the car?

Thanks

Ed Curtis
TF1500