Re: Unexpected Help From Out of Nowhere #2

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unexpected Help From Out of Nowhere #2
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 12:41:53 -0500
>Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 12:36:15 -0500
>To: moody <moody@octonline.com>
>From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
>Subject: Re: Unexpected Help From Out of Nowhere #2
>Cc: mgs@autox.tem.net
>
>At 10:30 AM 2/2/97 -0800, moody wrote:
>>Leckstein wrote:
>>> On the OOTTT,(Ocean to Ocean and onto Toronto 7500 miles 19 days) in 1996,
>>> I know of several such stories.
>>>

>>> Nothing like MG folks.
>>>
>>> Mike LecksteinMike
>>You write about a cross country trip to Toronto in 96. The only event I'm
>>aware of was the Great North American race. Could you let me know about
>>youre event if it was different
>>Ed Moody
>>MG Canada

Sorry Ed, typo on that. It was 1986, not 96. In 1986, 50 T types left the
Statute Of Liberty and proceeded to Santa Barbara California, then up to
San Francisco, and back to Toronto, in 19 days (7500 miles) It was
grueling. Yet , it was outrageous fun and unreal bonding took place, sort
of like the Marine Corp. Boot Camp. The cars fell like flies each day, but
somehow or another, they were on the road the next. One engine transplant
was done in Alamosa Colorado using a "come along" attached to the motel
second floor balcony. That summer had record heat, and one day had close to
600 miles in it. It was like the war, great time if you survived, not
anxious to relive.

Funny thing is, when we were flying by the Grand Canyon, the Great American
Road Race was going the other way. We however didn't have big Budweiser
trucks and transports following along as sponsors. One car of ours ran out
of gas, and a Budweiser support vehicle for the Great American, came to the
rescue with a few gallons.

Mike Leckstein.