Re: Overdrive option

To: "Richard H. Cady" <cadyxrh@ctxix.sod.eds.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive option
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 23:13:27 -0800
Richard H. Cady wrote:
> Is it true that the overdrive on MGBs was a fairly rare option in the late
> 60s early 70s in the USA?  I recently converted my 70 roadster to overdrive
> and am amazed how I lived without it.  Certainly the overdrive should

Sad but true...EXTREMELY rare, especially on early (3-synchro) cars.

Supposedly offered as an option so as not to compete with sales
of Big Healeys, which had the extra cog as standard.

Regards,

--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA      USA     http://www.rahul.net/tjn
95 Ducati 916 Strada-"Those things are ticking timebombs"-Russell