RE: towing rig

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: towing rig
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:17:00 -0800 (PST)
You could always rent a tow dolly from u-haul for $35 a day that would hook
up to your standard hitch. The minimum width (inside of tire to inside of
tire) is 39" according to their specs. I just towed a B with 185 70 tires on
it and it fit fine though near the limit. If your going a long distances,
remove the drive shaft so the transmission doesn't spin. When it's up at an
angle like that the engine end will not be lubricated properly. They also
rent a 2 axle transport that you would drive the car up onto if you don' t
like the dolly idea.

Chris Reichle