Re: Right-Angle Drive Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Right-Angle Drive Questions
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:41:10 -0500 (EST)

<< While I am at it, when I drive, the needle on the speedometer fluctuates
 > over a 20 mph range.  While I have the speedo out and on my desk, is
 > there any area I could clean/oil to have a 'normal' speedometer?
 >
 > Thanks in advance,
 > Thomas James Pokrefke, III
 > 1970 MGB
 > thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
 > http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

 Thomas ... I'll be as interested as you in the answer to this. My speedo
 does the same thing.

 Corey >>
Guys,
        Mine did the same thing, I had it apart and I could hear something
catching between the magnet and the needle "flywheel".  It made a ticking
sound as the two moving pieces passed each other.  I replaced the speedo, now
it is working fine,albeit the reading is a little fast.  Don't think there is
anything grease or a torque wrench will fix.
                                Bill in Colorado  73 BGT