Upholstery and new supplier

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Upholstery and new supplier
From: Don Walton <dhw@atomic.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:12:48 -0500
I just recieved the seat foam set for my 73B and I was pleased with the
service and prices from " The Proper MG"  .  So now I offically put them on
my recommend list.  Now the question of the day...
Would those who have re-covered their seats themselves do it again or would
you have it done professionaly?  I know that an upholstery shop won't have
the "correct" covers for the seats, but how is the quality of the cover sets
from the parts houses? Inquiring minds want to know.  Especially before
spending the $200+ dollars these things cost.  Also, how hard is it to put
the cover sets on?  The books sometime make these tasks look much easier
than they really are. Any input on this will be muchly appreciated as it is
now time to do my seats.

                                                Thanks,  Don Walton
                                                73 MGB
                                                74 MGB