Re: Upholstery and new supplier

To: dhw@atomic.net
Subject: Re: Upholstery and new supplier
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:33:19 EST
Hi Don, I re-did my seats myself, it was pretty easy.  I bought the seat
covers from Moss.  I am pleased with the quality.  I'm sure there are
other places that supply good quality seat covers as well.

I don't see any reason to have a professional do them.  Basically you
remove the old, and slide on the new.  I also replaced the foam.  I was
surprised how much higher I sat in the car with the new foam!

Good luck,
.
Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster
==========================

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:12:48 -0500 Don Walton <dhw@atomic.net> writes:
>I just recieved the seat foam set for my 73B and I was pleased with
>the service and prices from " The Proper MG"  .  So now I offically put
>them on my recommend list.  Now the question of the day...
>Would those who have re-covered their seats themselves do it again or
>would you have it done professionaly?  I know that an upholstery shop
won't
>have the "correct" covers for the seats, but how is the quality of the
>cover sets from the parts houses? Inquiring minds want to know.
Especially