Re: [NC] Car Theft (and Carol's secret Corvette lust!)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [NC] Car Theft (and Carol's secret Corvette lust!)
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 01:48:49 -0500
At 11:57 PM 2/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I saw this on my other car list, and found it interesting. No LBC content.
>
>Carol

>Quoted from another list:

>>minute.  I didn't believe him; so he popped my hood, pulled
>>out my dipstick, and showed me how to break into it  *very*
>>quickly, just with the dipstick...
>>
>>     It would take someone too long to get either the 76 or the 93 out of
>>     the garage to make it worth stealing.  They'd have to move exhaust
>>     systems, lawnmowers, bicycles, tires, wheels, etc.  Come to think of
>>     it, maybe that's why >I< don't take them out often either! ;-)
>>
>>     Being a bit more serious, one of our club members lives in the Miami
>>     area.  He knows a guy with a BEAUTIFUL vette.  This car lives in a

AHA!  You didn't say what your "other" list was, but now we know!  Having
been there, I urge you to repent before it's too late!  When I was 19, I
traded my all-black, overdrive, hardtop TR-6 (okay, okay . . . ) for a '71
Corvette small-block roadster.  Noisy, uncomfortable, less dependable than
the TR-6, but gobs of power (the DPO had done major engine work, not that I
understood it at the time), and I was in a teenage hormone rush.  I'm still
mad at myself.  Not that I wouldn't add a nice '67 small-block roadster to
the stable if I could find one for cheap . . .  Oh well.

Mark Moburg
markmoburg@mindspring.com