MGB Seatbelt recall recalled...

To: british-cars <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: MGB Seatbelt recall recalled...
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:50:00 -0800 (PST)
I just spoke to Patty Shoap at Rover regarding replacing the seatbelts on my
80 MGB which were covered under the 77 - 80 seatbelt recall. Apparently,
they are reconsidering if they are going to honor the recall. She has not
had seatbelts since October and is not expecting them any time soon. She is
waiting for word from the legal department but does not expect any soon. I
cannot imagine how a company can admit installing a safety device prone to
failure, agree to replace it and then decide to screw the rest of the people
with defective seatbelts by deciding not to replace the seatbelts for all
vehicles they admit were affected. I don't think my next car will be a
Rover...

Chris Reichle