Re:Names and all that stuff....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Names and all that stuff....
From: Rootes2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:05:44 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, nolan penney wrote:

>> Real names!  Tough names!  Manly names!  American Names!
>>
>> Nothing says TOUGH like the AMC Cricket.

>Well, you've unintentionally proved the point.  The Cricket was, if I am
>not sorely mistaken, sold by Chrysler, not AMC, and it was a british
>car.  Don't know who was to blame for the name.

>   Ray Gibbons
****************
Well, just ask the man who owns one.......

A Plymouth Cricket, to be precise. Not an impressive name, true. But you must
consider the name of the car in England - there, it was the Hillman Avenger...
. mucho macho!
And I STILL don't want to hear it - it IS TOO an LBC. Says Chrysler UK right
under the bonnet!! ;^)

Jon Arzt             Rootes2@aol.com

72 Plymouth Cricket
58 MG Magnette