Re:Names and all that stuff....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Names and all that stuff....
From: glen.christian@juno.com (glen christian)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:32:34 EST
howdy folks,
        i sent a message a while back, but i'm not too sure if it ever
got through since i lost my other account a few days back. but i'm
resubscribed now, so hopefully this will make it through.
        anyways, my problem is my brakes. my front disc calipers to be
specific. i went out a few days ago to figure out where this scraping
noise was coming from and when i looked real close at the calipers, i
found they were offset somewhat. in other words, as the rotor passed
through the  caliper, it scrapes against one side of the caliper body. so
the inboard piston extends all the way out, and the outboard one cant
hardly extend  because the rotor is turning right up against the edge of
the caliper body. the rotor itself has been galled a little from all of
this. my question is, what the heck can cause this problem. i did have
the calipers off while rebuilding my front end, but i'm almost positive
everything went back together properly.  am i overlooking something?
thanx in advance for any help that anyone can provide.
Glen Christian
Mechanical Engineer Graduate in search of Work
glen.christian@juno.com