Re: Movies

To: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Movies
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 07:51:52 -0500 (EST)

<< Jim, my favorite movie, and sing "Night and Day (you are the one)" as you
 read this. Astaire meets Rogers at the docks returning from Paris. Rogers
 has torn her dress in a steamer trunk after a customs inspection. Astaire
 lends Rogers his "Mack" (raincoat) and hopes to make a move on her when she
 returns it to him in London. The coat comes back by messenger, and Astaire
 drives endlessly in his J type looking for her on the streets of London.

 He sees her in her big American car (Deussy or Auburn) and chases her in
 the MG.
 In the park, he blocks her exit with the MG  after luring her down a dead
 end. She
 tells him as she is about to back out over the MG, "you don't like your
 car? "

 The scene is several minutes and the car is clearly a J type, not an M, not
 a P. It has a spare tire on a slab gas tank. In one scene the Radiator
 shell and "MG" is as clear as can be.

 Stop singing. and rent the movie if you are over 35 and a romantic.

 Mike

OK, now what kind of car is the Frenchman (the guy who is hired to act as
Ginger Rogers lover) driving when he first arrives at the hotel/club?  I
rented this movie for the family just last weekend, they all rolled their
eyes when they realised why I had rented it.  But they all ended up liking
the movie.

Scott