'TF' Restoration Advice Needed

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 'TF' Restoration Advice Needed
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 08:53:39 -0600
Listers,

The snails dropped this in my mailbox today. I've never met the
gentleman but he can write a snappy letter. I was wondering if any of
ya'll Teanderthals might want to drop him a note of introduction and
invite him to bounce questions off of you while he tries to fill all the
holes in his TF.

He is CC'd here and his address is below.

**************
Dear Robert,

I am a member of the KCMGCC and own a 1955 TF 1500. We went to Kansas
City a couple of years ago to the KC All British Car Show, in hopes of
finding someone that might help, in the way of advice, in my restoring
of our car. Found some names but since then problems with old injuries
has left me in a wheelchair most of the time. I can still drive and get
around but working on the car is almost too much. However, my son and
several fiends [sic; loved it] have offered to do the work if I just
tell them what to do. It has been almost 10 years since the car was
taken down to the frame for a frame-up restoration in order to show the
car.

I had the frame, engine, transmission, radiator, etc. rebuilt and
started to put the car back together. That was 3 to 5 years ago. I'm not
sure if I remember just how some brackets and braces went together.

In order to save time and not have to take items back off, to turn them
around or over etc., could you let me know of any members who have
worked on a TF 1500 that have an e-mail address? That way, if we have a
question about which way something went, we could check with them before
we put it on. I can have a computer at the shop and one here at home. My
e-mail address is listed above.

Any help you or anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. This would
get the car ready sooner so we could start driving it.

Best Regards,

Don
Springfield, Missouri
doncl@dialnet.net

My expertise is in proclaiming I can tell the difference between the
'TF' and the older ones. Done.

Seems a clear case of the physically-challenged wishing to be led by the
socially-challenged in resurrecting a car built by the
mentally-challenged.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6