Re: MGB brake failure

To: rcgalli@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: MGB brake failure
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:11:21 EST
Save your money.  I've used all of them, too, and *none* worked for me.
The ones that pressurize the master cylinder just pressurized the whole
system and locked up my brakes.  The Mighty Vac is supposed to pull the
fluid through, I think it just sucks.  Finally I had to get married to so
I never will have to bleed alone again. <sniff> Isn't that romantic?

In a pinch, I will use The Club.  I use one end to push the pedal down
and wedge the other end behind the dash on my MGA.  It still means
running back and forth to tighten the bleed screw, but you gotta do what
you gotta do.

Also, after having to free up a stuck clutch twice in the past two years
due to storage, it is also handy to wedge the clutch pedal to the floor
while storing the beast.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX