Feul pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Feul pumps
From: jack@lucent.com (Jack Feldman)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:46:35 -0600
I don't trust the fuel pumps with burnable points. When I was younger
I traded my Bug-eye for a beat up XK140. While driving from Madison
Wisconsin to my sister's in Peoria Illinois, the car began to miss.
The trip at that time was all two lane. Nowhere to get help. The feul
pump on the 140 was under the right hand door. Every time the car
began to miss I had my wife open the door and slam it. That would be
good for a few more miles. When we got to Peoria I had a Bendix put on.
While in the shop I witnessed an S.H. Arnolt stupidity, but that is
for another time.

J.C. Whitney has Purolator feul pump in a range of pressures. I have
been told the 1 1/2 to 3 is the one for us. When I called Whitney to
see if they had one listed for an MG, the woman said there was an MG
listing, and called it to her screen. It said "MGC 1962-1980". However,
the listing was for the correct pump. If you look at the pump that
Moss sells for about $68., you will find it looks strangely like the
Whitney one priced at $35.

Jack