Re: Midget Steering Wheel

To: John Nelson <psychod@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Steering Wheel
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:18:41 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, John Nelson wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> >
> > I am restoring a 66 midget and the steering wheel is cracked.  Is there a
>place to get a new banjo wheel or can I restore the one I have?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mike Murphy  (mikemurphy@iw1.net)
> > '66 midget
> > '78 B
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> You can get a new "repo" bango steering wheel from Moss, they started
> making them last year. I don't know anything about the quality, I've
> never seen one(except a picture of one in the Moss Motoring magazine).
> --
>     John Nelson

Mike and John,

I have one.  It is very nice looking.  Closer examination shows that the
rim is plastic, but you can't see that when it is installed.  The spokes
are a dull stainless I think.  They could possibly be polished, but then
again I don't know how the original ones looked.
They are also remaking the horn button.  I think the wheel was about $120
and the horn button around $30.  You must use your old horn button mount,
the metal basket that is held on by the steering wheel nut.

I would recommend it.

                                                           '67 Sprite